We know that slip and fall and premise liability accidents are serious situations
A Slip and Fall/Premise Liability injury happens when someone falls to the ground and is hurt because of a dangerous condition on another person’s property. These are often tricky and complex situations that must be looked at from all angles of the incident in order to determine if there is a premise liability case.
Common causes of premise liability cases include:
- Inadequate security
- Obstructions in hallways or unmarked overhangs
- Poor maintenance of fixtures, appliances, and other common building elements
- Preventable fires
- Wet or loose flooring, snow and ice, or misplaced cords and equipment
- Inadequate escalator or elevator maintenance
- Swimming pool accidents
- Exposure to chemicals/toxic fumes
We can help you navigate your slip and fall case.
Vanessa Pena is an experienced premise liability attorney who can help you determine if you have a case, support you in taking action, and seek the compensation you deserve.
What should I do if I have been involved in a slip and fall accident?
1. Understand who is liable
Liability is based on the property owner’s knowledge of the potentially hazardous area of the property. For example, just because you slipped over some liquid in a store, doesn’t mean the owner is responsible. There are many questions to be asked, including:
- What caused the liquid spill?
- Was the owner aware of the liquid spill or were any of the employees aware?
2. Act quickly and seek help
Time is of the essence in slip & fall/premise liability cases. The quicker an attorney is brought on, the better the chance of collecting evidence and getting witness statements. An experienced attorney can determine if you have a case, get all your questions answered regarding the next steps to take, and help guide you through the legal process.